FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SDC rules change April 16; Increased restrictions incl same fare bucket availability
Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:26 pm
bajrbajr

Programs: DL BA Amex
Originally Posted by GatorBlues
Maybe, maybe not. At some point, Delta will have watered down the benefits of status to the point that people that often pay more to stay on Delta's flights will instead mix in significant numbers of flights with other carriers. If a large group of travelers starts flying only 65% of the time with Delta instead of over 90%, it's going to hurt Delta's bottom line. I'm not offended by any of Delta's changes, but I question whether they have gone too far and caused unintended negative consequences for the airline.
The other airlines are doing the same things to their loyalty programs... some of what they lose, DL will gain - and vice-versa.

On DL I have gone from PM, to GM, to FO... (I actually got upgraded out of ATL yesterday at the 48h hour window) I've switched most of my flying over to UA. When the balance of my DL miles are gone, and I have used a couple e-certs I have with DL, my flying will be with UA. (unless DL has a fare or promotion I can't refuse)