View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 13, 10:41 am
Hokiethang

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Platinum; UA Platinum, AA Platinum, A3 Gold
I just recently flew IAD-CPH and CPH-IAD on SAS in C.

The flight got me where I needed when I needed, but the A340 and hard product were dated. The seats are not fully flat seats. They are angled lie-flats that are only slightly more comfortable than a domestic United First seat. The controls on the seats were temperamental, with my seat not able to go completely flat for flight out from IAD (which is the overnight one, that I needed to sleep on). The IFE was limited to a couple of movies, Airshow and the Front/Down cameras (which only worked randomly).

I've only flown the route once, but I was unimpressed. The meal services were all done via cart in Business, and simple things like plastic wrap and foil not being removed from dishes before putting them on the tray, gave the service a bit of a budget feel, not what I would expect for a very expensive business class ticket. I don't know how Economy and Economy Extra are, but in researching this flight, I believe you only get coffee, tea and water in Economy, they don't offer other beverages.

The mileage posts to your mileage plus account in 2 - 7 days from the flight, but as has been mentioned, you don't get a mileage bonus from your UA elite status (so only fare class bonuses).

Since my tickets were booked for me, I had to call SAS to have seat assignments done, but that was relatively painless, just be prepared for a thick accent on the other end of the line.

The SAS lounge in CPH is a nice lounge, but it's a bit spartan. You can definitely see that SAS is racing to the bottom against the low cost carriers in Europe, and it shows in their service.