FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2013-2014)
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:15 pm
CFFrost

I'm curious how much in VR purchases people are putting on a single credit card. I've been avoiding doing more than $1k per month on any given card for fear that it would raise some red flags. Given the new availability of checks, I'm thinking of paying some bigger expenses with BB that previously had been difficult to pay with BB (for lack of trust in BB's delivery). For example, I had been using WP to pay rent sometimes, which along with BB/VR has made it pretty straight forward to hit even high annual spend bonuses. However, if I converted this WP spend to VR/BB spend, while it would be the same amount of spend, it would be far less diversified spend. Of course, I could just diversify this increased VR spend across issuers and even up to $5k per month would likely not be suspicious, but then it wouldn't be as much help in meeting large spending thresholds.

So, how high have people gone without problems with the various issuers? I know this is a YMMV issue - contingent upon your own credit profile, income, etc - but I am curious if people are using similar self-imposed limits like I have.