FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 26, 2013, 1:33 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question

A few questions, based on these two posts from several months ago...

Originally Posted by Thunderroad

...Also, my wife and I are Plat members considering staying there next week using the award certificates we get by virtue of our Hyatt credit cards. (Can't use them at the Grand Hyatt, FWIW, as they are only good for up to Category 4.) Any recommendations on which side of the building to request, whether we'd be likely to get any refurbished rooms, any other matters to ask about?
Originally Posted by JIMCHI

...The only other item I can comment on is location. You do NOT want a room a room facing the cable car terminus at Market & Drumm. The cable car runs until 1 a.m. It's noisy. In addition, street "musicians" hang out their with loud music and soliciting . We found it impossible to sleep on that side of the hotel without earplugs. The opposite side of the hotel is really best, facing the bay. Another side of the hotel faces Drumm Street, also an undesirable location, but not as bad as the rooms facing Market Street and the cable car.
My wife and I are finally getting around to staying at the HRSF this weekend. Let me see if I have it right about good options, based on JIMCHI's good advice and other useful posts in this thread:

1. We should request a bay view room in advance and upon check-in.
2. Do all bay view rooms have balconies?
3. If not, any idea of what the upcharge might be for a room with a balcony?
4. The Regency Club upgrade is nice, if we feel like shelling out the extra $75/night and if it's available.
5. BUT we only want the Regency Club upgrade if we get a bay view room, in that the other rooms might be subject to loud street noise.
6. If a bay view room is not available, any other side to request that won't subject us to that street noise?

Do I have all this right? Any other advice?

Thanks for any help.