FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA 77W / 777-300ER / 773 Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)
Old Mar 25, 2013, 3:02 pm
NiceLanding

Programs: AA EXP, UA former 1K (1.9MM and gone), Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Mark_T
I've not seen anything much for this summer, but there was quite a lot of availability from mid-Oct onwards a few weeks ago. It mostly seems to have gone now though.

I managed to snag a pair of Z tickets for a LHR-DFW trip in October.

The main limitation now seems to be that availability form LHR-DFW can still be found here and there, but virtually nothing DFW-LHR.
I've looked at these flights myself and was able to get an upgrade on AA51, the LHR-DFW flight, but didn't even bother with the reverse route. AA50 lands at 1:50am Central time, which is pretty useless for me if I want to sleep (even worse for anyone connecting from further west).

It's unfortunate that they've allocated their best J seats for sleeping to flights that I'd always avoid for that purpose. Forget about JFK-LHR, which is far too short for me -- I'd rather backtrack to LAX for a flight where you can have a relaxing dinner and still get a full night's sleep. Just hoping they bring these seats to ORD-LHR within the next year, or at least to a later DFW-LHR flight.