FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 12:29 pm
Astrophsx

Originally Posted by fishdance
Yes it does. Like in this "Best cards for students studying abroad"

http://thepointsguy.com/2013/03/vide...udying-abroad/

As it turns out Business Chase Ink cards are among them. Imagine that application! I wonder if Platinum MB Amex is good for a students as well.

I bet he has ending template for every post he publishes because it is so much hassle to ad 20 links in every post every time.
I believe you are pulling what he said out of context. While I'm not a big fan of referral links, TPG suggests getting the Freedom card with Chase and then down the road to hit up other cards that have a UR signing bonus since the points from each card can be combined.

His Sunday posts seem to be pumped out a bit quicker. He should have just put up a chart that showed the card, type of rewards, forex fee, and yearly fee... then explained them all.

I would have thought the best piece of advice would be to not get a credit card at all if you are a student and only abroad for 3 months. You could get a Charles Schwab checking account for free and not be charged any ATM or international banking fees. He does suggest being an authorized user on a parent's premium card that had no forex (this probably should have been his first suggestion).