FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unsolved issues with (Royal) AMbassador service over long time
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:20 am
uk1
Suspended

I agree.

There are a few organisations and brands that sometimes surprise - and EXCEED expectations - and perhaps there should be a web site that lauds them. OT I know - but relevant to exceptional customer service as an example to ICHG - the accelorator on my Merc went a couple of weeks back. A free phone call from the car had it trailored to a Merc garage within an hour and a brand new hire car - a Merc S - delivered to my house to complete a short break. I kept it for a week to complete the break even though the car was repaired within a day. The recovery and replacement hire car a free part of Mobi ie service your car at a Merc garage for it's life and it's free. Just pay for the repair. I hate Merc servicing costs but having that service for broken cars for up to 30 years has made it difficult to change brands. I don't think many customes know of it. I was unaware of this included free service until a previous brakes issue. They even repaired the car for free because they concluded that the car shouldn't have failed. I reckon these two situations cost Merc around £4k and have locked me in.

The cost of ICHG avoiding dissapointment seems so easy by comparison and many RAs spend as much on staying in hotels as they do on cars .....

Last edited by uk1; Mar 24, 2013 at 11:26 am