FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Japan DO - March 29-31, 2013
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2013, 3:16 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tcook052
I'll be at Tsukiji in the morning, though not at 4AM, and take it there's no way to cross over from the market into the garden except to backtrack to the Conrad and go through the park entrance you posted, correct? I weighed showing up for the tuna auction but have decided to sleep in and arrive a few hours ahead of our 10:15 meeting and see a little of Tsukiji and Hamarikyu Garens before meeting up with my fellow FTers. As am staying until 4th April if the spirit moves me I can always go to the tuna auction another morning.
On Friday morning 37 FTers have 'registered' for the Tsukiji market tour. If you can go another morning you will have less competition. @:-)

You don't have to backtrack all the way to the Conrad but most of the way. The main entrance to the market to the entrance (or the junction near the entrance) to Hamarikyu Gardens is only about one third of the distance from the Conrad to Kachidoki Gate (tuna auction registration) as you will see on this map.

Tsukiji Marmet main entrance to Hamarikyu Gardens

No, you cannot go from Tsukiji Market to the Water Bus stop other than through the main entrance to Hamarikyu Gardens.