FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Proposal: New forum to discuss bloggers
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2013, 2:35 pm
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
BTW, in the interest of full transparency, here is the post I put in the private TalkBoard forum regarding this matter:

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Thread title: Just about ready for a motion on blog-talk

I am leaning toward making a motion renaming and re-working 'Travel News' to 'Travel and Points News and Blogs'...

I know that some of you have already expressed opposition to a 'blog-talk' forum in the public thread, but by taking it to the news section, I hope to alleviate any concerns about it disrupting milebuzz, and also make it clear that the standard for discussing blogs and bloggers is the same as for discussing any commercial information ('news') outlet and/or reporter, ie, by selling information and experiences in the public realm, they open themselves to reasonable discussion, praise and criticism.

Travel, points and miles blogs are here to stay and with current credit card affiliate payouts they are multiplying like cockroaches.

FlyerTalkers need and deserve a place to discuss them, dissect them and separate the wheat from the chaff every bit as much as we need and deserve a place to discuss, dissect and judge the mileage programs themselves.

Again, this is not a motion...yet. Just, in the spirit of measuring twice and cutting once, notice that this motion is on the tip of my tongue.