FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA 77W / 777-300ER / 773 Business & First Class / F & J seat (master thread)
Old Mar 22, 2013, 7:56 am
ESpen36
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Related question:

Has anybody had ANY luck at all finding Z award seats on ANY of the 77W-operated flights? I am dying to try out the new F seats/experience and have called AA repeatedly, spending quite a bit of time with EXP agents, hunting for Z inventory, and there just doesn't seem to be anything available for this summer on JFK-LHR, DFW-LHR, or DFW-GRU. (I have the summer off, so I can travel basically anytime.) Only AAnytime is available, nothing MileSAAver.

Granted, we knew award inventory would be less available since there are fewer seats in the cabin, but aren't EXPs supposed to have access to "exclusive award inventory" that the EXP Desk can make available?

Or am I looking too soon? Is there too much hype with the new planes, and within a few months availability will go back to normal?

(Note: Yes, there is plenty of Z availability on BA-operated flights. I have tried BA F on the 744 and, despite the amazing service, I frankly found the cabin rather cramped compared to AA's Flagship Suite. Also, the BA YQ is highway robbery.)