FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unsolved issues with (Royal) AMbassador service over long time
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:44 pm
Wan1dap
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by uk1
I'm thinking not about things that need a quick answer but need to be documented .....

There are several hotels I visit regularly and they are wonderful hotels front of desk/house. The behind desk services are sometimes awful. The problem is that as I get older, I simply like details confirmed in emails. Too many times things I thought had been clearly agreed unravel. Misunderstandings, a lack of making proper notes at hotels. Hence I prefer all discussions to be by email then I know that any suprises will be minimised.

Some hotels .... every visit .... it takes toing and froing. You ask a series of questions. All get ignored. They simply produce a higher rate than you can actually see online. No names .......
(...) I stay 130-140 nights a year at IHG hotels (30-40 stays) and I can't remember the last time there was any variation in my booked details and the actual, unless they have further upgraded me at check-in. Occasionally I've experienced missed points accrual but e-mails have been responded to within 48 hours and compensation (ie extra points) given when it happened twice in a row.

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 26, 2013 at 8:08 am Reason: edited off topic out of post