FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Westin Diplomat, Hollywood, FL [Master Thread] : Left Starwood 30 Oct 2014
Old Mar 17, 2013, 1:53 pm
HomoEconomicus

Westin Diplomat, Hollywood (Ft. Lauderdale), Florida 2008 onward [Master Thread]

Currently staying at the Diplomat for the first time with my family. I booked a standard room on points. When we arrived around 13:45 the computer system was down which meant everything had to be done manually. It also meant, apparently, that early check-ins couldn't be accommodated. As check-in time wasn't until 16:00 I had no problem with that. A couple of fellow guests, however, put up a big childish stink with some yelling and name dropping (it's all gone downhill since some fellow named Mark left the hotel, supposedly). The front desk staff had their hands full, but handled things very well. Anyhow, we went for a little drive and they called me around 15:30 saying our room was ready. As a non-status guest I was surprised and very pleased to have been upgraded to a large suite on an executive floor. More bees with honey than with vinegar I suppose. Everything's been fantastic and we'd definitely return.