FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to buy an extra seat? "EXTRASEAT" for paid or award flights
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:31 pm
UrbaneGent

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Extra Seat, Extra Miles? Seems So...

I am surprised there were no comments on the WSL article from Wednesday. Are y'all too busy on here during your free time?

Story talks about a cellist with an expensive instrument who had a seperate account on Delta. Delta took away 500K of miles in both accounts saying T&C blah, blah...and that "an object doesn't have a loyalty experience," even though he pays TWO full fare tickets. To Delta's defense, he was warned and he still did it.

United OTOH will give Smith, Mr. John the extra miles in his MP account for Extra Seat Smith, Mr. John. This is a first for me since I have about 20+ A class extra seats I paid for my pooch over the past 3 years. UA never allowed me to collect additional miles, I was told by GS line a non-human couldn't have a MP account and did not share with me I could have the additional miles (and I didn't ask because never thought of it). Granted I haven't flown the new UA with my pooch, so is this something after merger?
Mr. Harrell collects miles for his cello on United. But after Delta cut him off, Cello Harrell stopped collecting miles on American as a precaution against another stern punishment.
Additional mindless info: Cellos have to travel in a window seat... Also it talks about how the TSA broke the neck and bow of his instrument (made in 1710) when he came in from Germany into Dulles (flying UA perhaps?)

Last edited by UrbaneGent; Mar 15, 2013 at 11:39 pm