FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2013, 5:02 am
SQCXEKflyer

I have a couple of questions:

1. I have an award booking for HKG-IST-OSL-IST-HKG (for late June, return in late July). If I try booking (dummy booking) this sector on these dates, the system would allow me to choose seats for the first sector. Could I call to reserve seats (even if it is only for this sector at the moment) and who would I call? I am M&S Elite Level.

2. If I try to book (dummy booking) the dates I fly, it shows the IST-OSL and OSL-IST leg is a 737-800, and that is what the award booking did when I booked as well. However, if I try to do an award booking today on the same dates, it shows 737-900ER. Which is more accurate? I would assume award booking as that is the one that has changed. (I do know TK like to change things around).

3. Do the 737-900ER really only have 151 seats, while the 737-800 configuration with leasts seats has 155 (and according to Seat Guru have more business class seats as well)?

4. Has anyone used the in-town check-in for HKG? I arrive from PER on CX that morning (have a whole day in HKG). I know airport check-in for Turkish hasn't opened, but it says in-town check-in would be open. Planning to take luggage with my on the train to the city, check-in when I arrive (probably 9h before departure time), see the city, then go straight to the airport that evening for the flight.

Edit: My award booking is in business class (I fare) if that makes any difference.