FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Proposal: New forum to discuss bloggers
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:26 pm
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by N965VJ
Originally Posted by lin821
Our TOS makes it clear that every FTer is of the same protected class.
Somebody better tell Doug Parker, Jeff Smisek, etc. to register here so we stop dumping on them.
Why help them out?

But who knows, Jeff and Doug probably were among us. They just chose not to out themselves to avoid more beating. @:-)

Originally Posted by N965VJ
Originally Posted by tcook052
It's UA Insider's full-time JOB to represent their company and is why their FT handle is green and if they wanted to spend time here on their own would need a personal username.
That's not true in practice, as I know of one official rep with a green handle that's participated in many areas outside of their official forum (and I've enjoyed their contributions).
I don't think tcook052 was wrong. I know of one long-time official rep who owns 1 green handle and 1 "regular" handle. Ever since the green handles were put into practice, when he posts outside his official capacity (not necessarily "his" official forum), he uses the regular handle. That I personally think is a great way to separate work from personal life. Not to mention it does cut down the confusion whether he's posting on behalf of the company or himself.

Perhaps FT doesn't have a mandatory policy for company officials to get separate personal accounts. If it's up to these official representatives, I think having personal accounts should be a much smart move.