FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:06 pm
songbird

Promo code question here:

I saw a promo code on Airfarewatchdog (a Feb 13 blog post and tweets--and IIRC the AA twitter folks actually tweeted that they were happy to see it mentioned by AFWD. Though, so as not to incur action by any local hammers of lawyer doom, I won't link to it...). It would be very nice for my travel later this year. I am in one of the "to" cities, airport RDU; that is, the AA promo code description/rules says "From: All Airports To: RDU/Raleigh Durham" (and a bunch of other ones too).

My intended RT airport (RDU<>LHR) isn't on that list, unless it counts as "All Airports." So, my question here - can these promos be used "reversed", will the promo ordinarily work with the "to" and "from" reversed? Or it'll only work halfway? Or not at all? (I think I have a backup plan, but the price wouldn't be as good.)

I've only ever used a promo code a couple of times in the last 5 years, so I don't quite know the generalities. TIA -