FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - wailing, unattended infants in EF
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:17 am
fly-yul

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by canolakid
I noted the 'no kids in J' thread has been closed by the mods, so have started the new thread...

Mar 11- YYZ to LHR. the one that gets in at 6:30 am UK time. Last to board in EF is a family of five infants (the parents might as well have been infants for all the use they were for child rearing). OJ gets spilled in the suite (oops); diapers get changed in the suite (yuck) and just as the cabin was settling in for the quick but much needed doze, mommy not and papa not really decide to pop the baby into its own pod (yes they had booked five pods), put on THEIR noise cancelling head phones and ignore the beastie for the next two years, er hours as it howled. and howled. and howled.

Service team did their best to make parents care, but my question- if we can divert planes for unruly passengers, what do we do with unwilling parents? FA went around the cabin asking EF passengers- mostly biz types- to write to the Pres as reports from the flight crew were not seen by them to be as 'impactful on policy'. which I will do- seeking clarification on whether buying/securing EF suites for use by a baby in arms is appropriate. I do note that they did hold the thing during take off and landing- except when they were passing it back and forth during descent...
Not to take away from the OP's right to annoyed for what happened on the flight but, something does not add up.

An infant is a child under 2 years old. An infant must be secured in an approved child restraint device. No child restraint devices are allowed in EF suites.

Also, you are only allowed to travel with one infant per adult. Three infants would exceed that limit.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...ant-child.html