FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Showers Are Available at ORD C16 & GRU For All
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:28 am
wcj1

Showers Are Available at ORD C16 & GRU For All

I cannot find this in previous threads and thought it warranted its own post/thread. (Watch, someone will post the link to where this was before. Apologies in advance.)

There are showers available to all at the ORD C16 Club.

These are the (IFL) showers referenced in this thread. The rep working the shower room said they were opened up to all in January.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-ord-gone.html

We are regular United Club members and I was checking the united.com website on our layover on Saturday and saw the shower icon for the C16 club. We were sitting in the B18 club, so I asked there to confirm and they said yes.

When we got to C16, we asked how to access them at the big service desk and the rep said first that we had to have a paper boarding pass. (We have not used a shower at a United Club before, so we do not know if that is procedure, but it seemed odd.) She then called back to see if showers were available. They were, so I am not sure how it is managed when there is a wait.

Other than the showers being accessible to more people, I assume nothing is different. My boyfriend wondered if the amenity kits would eventually be downgraded.

Moderator Edit to Add:
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

The OP and others are correct: ORD and GRU showers are no longer restricted to arriving pax only. A bit of background--as you know, our shower facilities at certain airports are either physically within or directly adjacent to the respective United Clubs and/or Global First Lounges. However, up until recently our facilities at ORD (and GRU) were branded separately, as Arrivals Lounges, with a more limited access policy.

As of January 1, the ORD and GRU shower facilities are now fully integrated with the adjacent lounges, bringing the shower access policy in line with NRT, HKG, IAH and EWR. In short, if you have access to the UC/GFL at these airports, you can also use the showers, no matter if you are arriving (connecting) or departing.

We do still have dedicated Arrivals Lounges at SFO and LHR, which at present are only open for eligible arriving customers. However, it’s worth noting that there are also several showers available at the SFO Global First Lounge, for any customer eligible to use that lounge.

I don't have any information at this time on shower facilities at additional domestic clubs, however I can confirm that our new lounge facilities at LHR will have showers.

Hi goodeats21, the ORD showers will have the same opening hours as the UC/GFL.

Aaron Goldberg (I'm back)
Sr. Manager – Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines

Last edited by J.Edward; Mar 25, 2013 at 7:42 am Reason: reference UA Insiders post downtread