FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Plans to restart LH destinations? [and other new routes speculations]
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:23 am
TRAVELSIG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rathin100
Reading this thread I just realized I haven't flown Lufty for close on 18 months now. ( I'm a J flyer) I only fly them when they are the cheapest option because of the really awful hard product and the nightmare that is FRA ( my reason to use them is always a transit through Europe from Asia to somewhere) Which means i figured they must have raised fares ... And was rightbfares on LH are now similar in J to BA and LX, to North America ex BKK, ex DEL and ex CAI... The hard product remains avoidable... And they have downgraded their FF programme...advice from experts is to switch to Turkish FFP IF FF intercon in J but not resident in Europe or a to/ from Germany OD flyer.

But someone somewhere is flying them more despite this, right?
So yields must have risen? And they therefore took the right decision not to invest a lot in product quality and to downgrade M&M elite benefits and
point earnings in cheaper buckets? Have they lost intercon business in J but compensated in other markets?

I'm just speculating above and interested in some guidance from experts....
Excellent questions- the downgrades to the FF program are strong and FRA got worse with pier A+ instead of better- when speaking about TK etc personally I much prefer transit at DXB (particularly since the new terminal opened which is beautiful) vs. IST by quite a bit.