FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fun with the washington snow
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2013, 4:47 am
Traveloguy

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by smokeyone
As far as I know - weather/acts of god is not covered by insurance and although correct about the Baltimore journey-at 3am - 4am on the phone to US Airways and the taxi driver for the cancelled flight hanging around - too late to cancel him - I really did not feel like checking train times etc etc for connections - mind you my luggage might have arrived with me - it was a 09.40 Baltimore flight -
???

I had a similar situation only 2 months ago on exactly the same route (yes, exactly). All was covered by my American Express travel insurance policy. Amex handled it brilliantly and the money was in my account a few days after putting in the claim. I was very careful and made sure to keep all receipts as well as obtained letters from airline confirming situation etc. In our case, we were originally scheduled to get into DCA, but due to 'snow' placed on a PHL bound flight as our original flight was cancelled. Due to the last minute change of plane, we luggage did not make it and we required car hire to get to our destination etc. With the claim for car hire, emergency clothes etc, were were around 650 GBP out of pocket and all was picked up by insurance so I am curious to know why you think you would not be covered.