FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus moving in to T5 at JFK, easing interline connections with Jetblue
Old Mar 10, 2013, 5:43 pm
colmc

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
If DUB-JFK on EI is booked separately than same day flight JFK-MSY, will I be able to check in for both flights in DUB and have baggage go all way through to MSY without having to check in with JetBlue at JFK. I realize I'd be okay if both flights were booked through AE at same time, but unsure if AE and JetBlue are booked separately.
I don't believe so. Aer Lingus will only check bags through to other airlines when it's on the one booking.

Second question is about MSY-LON. Through EI website, I'm only able to book MSY to Dublin or Shannon, with SHN-LON or DUB-LON having to be booked separately. My question is if this last leg is a regional flight booked separately if I'll need to pay baggage fees for regional part, or if the free international bag will carry through without need for additional fee? If anyone's had to book an international with two stopovers like this, would rate be better calling AE to route MSY-LON or same as booking separately online myself asking to be checked all way through?
The check through would be dependent on the JetBlue agents. Technically you probably would be liable for a fee. They used have an carry over long haul allowance for short haul trips between arrival and departure but im not sure if thats still the case.

I'm not sure if Aer Lingus can ticket beyond Dublin with JetBlue connections, but you could always try.