FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FFP neutral question] Are we off? Would you classify 10% availability as good?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 2:25 pm
smilee

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by mia
Note that this availability is when redeeming AA miles for travel on BA, and availability is not necessarily the same when redeeming BA miles for travel on BA. The AA/BA award inventory swap is a special case, on most programs award availability is better using native miles.
Yes this was taken from The Points Guy, and he was searching regular availability on AA.com for BA flights LAX-LHR on the new A380. Indeed there are some A380 flights

I have read on other sites such as Frugal Travel Guy, View from the Wing, One Mile at a Time, UPGRD etc and I think we are skewed in our reviews. Other bloggers/ FF enthusiasts say that there is TONS or GREAT or EXCELLENT availability, when in reality we are talking about 10% to maybe even 50% availability.

By the way, I just used BA as an example as they have a new YEAR view available now which is quite nice. But we could use the same example for availability for airlines like LH, AC, AA, UA, CX and many others.

How do you define "GOOD" availability - 10% of dates with 1 seat???