FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:40 am
TheMilesProfessor

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Much better! Now I can see which cards are there/not there. I am going to name a few cards I personally went for and currently have.

Amex:

You don't yet have the Starwood Preferred Guest Card. It comes with 25k bonus after 5k spend and SPG points can be used for hotels or convert to miles at 20k -> 25k on many airline programs (just not United). The points are actually most lucrative when used for hotels.

After I got the 75k offer, I was able to upgrade to Plat Amex for an additional 25k bonus after 10k spend. The card comes with $450 annual fee, but you can get $200 airline credit per calendar year so you can make back $400. I went for this as having the Amex Gold card makes me ineligible for any signup bonus other than through upgrade.

Citi:

You may consider the Hilton HHonors Reserve card. It gives you two free weekend night certificates after spending $2500 and an additional free weekend night certificate after $7500 spending. You have a year to use them. The good thing about this card is the certificates will be valid categories 1-10 and are safe against the devaluation.

US Bank:

Is your US Airways Card Barclays?

US Bank has a FlexPerks Visa card. You earn 1 FlexPerks point per dollar and these can be redeemed for up to 2 cents each through their booking engine powered by travelocity. They give 2 points for certain categories such as gas and 3 points for charities (think Kiva!). I like these points a lot since it doesn't require you to find award space. Card comes with 17,500 point bonus after spending $1500.

Chase:

I like Chase Freedom even though it doesn't have a big bonus. No annual fee and it's pretty easy to maximize their quarterly rotating categories for 7500 Ultimate Rewards points each quarter. These transfer to your other Ultimate Rewards cards.

British Airways has an offer for 50,000 Avios after $1000 spending.

http://themilesprofessor.com

Last edited by TheMilesProfessor; Mar 7, 2013 at 12:08 pm Reason: Altered BA offer to reflect most recent