FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cruise v. All Inclusive Resort For A Single Person
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:44 am
tcook052
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by lowro11er
With cruising you are not stuck at one destination, as you will visit a few different ports.
And some folks might prefer to to stay put, do nothing and go nowhere for a week. To each their own.

MHO since OP asked is to ask yourself what kind of holiday you want this time around, one that's more active and social in which case an Epic adventure would IMHO be the better choice or a complete unplugged, brain break escape from the rat race in which case the all-inclusive beach holiday would be best.

FWIW I've done several of both and like each for their own reasons. I find cruising solo is easier for me to interact and meet up with others than at an all-inclusive resort. There are times however when I want to get away from the world and opt for a resort where I can relax in a beach bed near a bar with a book.

Lastly if you do chose the Epic option Cruise Critic has some "roll calls" of members who meet for a welcome drink usually day of embarkation and would encourage you to go and meet a few folks as you can make some nice friends to interact with the rest of the cruise.