FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jeff comments on loss of "unmanaged" corporate traffic/PRASM at JP Morgan conference.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 3:22 pm
kmfdm91

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by bocastephen
This was never the mentality of PMCO - quite the contrary, as a slightly smaller carrier, PMCO went out of its way to deliver best in class products and service that continually beat out Delta, AA and United....at least until Larry K was dismissed by a greedy BoD.

Our current situation is a product of disorganization, lack of planning, no strategy, bad execution coupled with the arrogance that resulted from cramming two totally dissimilar organizations into one gigantic whole that now thinks it rules the airline universe based on size and route coverage alone - hence the 'take it or leave it' attitude many on the TA side of the house felt before it was lathered on customers.
Sorry, I should have mentioned part of this...but it's all good to hear.

I never flew PMCO before the merger was announced. That said, I do remember people having relatively good things to say about the airline and of course the mention of free meals in coach on long flights, just as other airlines started charging for everything...

However, as you mention - it seems like things changed and the only thing I know about PMCO was after the merger was announced and Jeffy Jeff was in charge. I still recall reading threads about things going wrong on trips, people writing in and getting a shrug of the shoulders - exactly my experiences.

And, yes I agree with your analysis about what's going on with the current airline, but as I stated initially...what exactly is UA trying to do to win back both managed and unmanaged customers?

-jeremy