FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jeff comments on loss of "unmanaged" corporate traffic/PRASM at JP Morgan conference.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 2:27 pm
kmfdm91

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by XLR26
What’s seems to be missing is the “how” - as in how is UA going to get these corp flyers back? Smisek says the operational performance is better, but so what? UA isn’t outperforming the competition, so it would seem that the HFVs who have left (and don’t have any complaints with their current preferred carrier) would have no reason to look at UA again, especially considering UA is the one that screwed up in the first place.
This is exactly right...

I don't know what I'm missing (I'm in the business of consulting and IT), but from this thread and the 'UA trying to win back customers' thread...they both say the same thing:

We at UA are great. We KNOW that the business flyers are coming back and we know that doing what we do is what people want.

No how, no why, no explanations, and most importantly - no numbers/metrics.

I know this is the mentality of PMCO, but this is just asisine...that is unless for some reason people in high spending companies ARE getting word from UA and benefits, but I haven't heard of any reports.

Am I dense, or is this the perception of what's going on as well?

-jeremy