FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread
Old Mar 4, 13, 12:39 am
chrisksc

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG RC Spire, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by hclee01 View Post
I just received a SMS from UOB. A minimum of of S$500 travel-related spend is needed to utilize the free airport transfer. SMS is as follows:

Effective from 1 April 2013, UOB PRVI Miles Principal Cardmembers must have a prior travel-related transaction of a minimum amount of S$500 to book the complimentary limousine transfer to Singapore Airport. Other T&Cs apply. Visit uobprvimiles.com for details.
Yes, I also just received the SMS.

I have stopped using UOB PrviMiles Amex's complimentary limo transfer as they uses a private company and their services have been really bad as well as many unreasonable restrictions: Luggage limited to 3 pcs regardless of the number of pax travelling or else $10 per excess bag; although the rule stated "checked" baggage, the driver will argue with you that regardless of the type of bag as long as you have more than 3, there will be a charge of $10 per excess bag.

Once, I had my parents travelling with me as I am allowed to have up to 2 extra pax. Therefore, we have a total of 1 checked luggage per person and each has a cabin bag, a total of 6 bags. The driver wanted to charge me $30 for the 3 "extra" bags. I refused as I said this is not the case. The driver than called his dispatch speaking in Hokkien and uses profanity and referred us as "cheap" passengers. Since the pickup was 3am, there was a midnight surcharge of $10 which I needed to pay. So I told the driver that I will only pay him the $10 and I asked for a reciept which he refused to issue. I then told him I will not pay if he do not issue a receipt, which he relunctantly did (I had made a feedback to UOB on this incident).

Another incident where I had 6 pax and there is an excess pax charge of $10 beyond 3 pax which I paid. But the seats in the van were really uncomfortable as there was practically no leg room bewteen seats (I have taken some photos but did not call to report this).

And another time, the driver could not find his way to my pickup point although I can see him driving around and around a few times. When he finally figured out, he did not apologise for being late and blame it on the signages (this was the 2nd incident and I did not report this as well).

As for other cards:

ANZ VISA Travel Card has a $1,500 prior month required spent (limited to 1 request per 30-day period), they uses Comfort/CityCab which is better.

HSBC VISA Infinite also started to have a required spent for their airport limo transfer and JetQuay services. Effective 01 Jan 2013, you must have a minimum spent of $5K per quarter (or $20K prior year spent) to enjoy the unlimited services. They also use Comfort/CityCab for the airport limo transfer.

I now mainly use HSBC and so far, I have had no incident with Comfort/CityCab and am quite happy with their services.