FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sydney - traveling UA GF - runaround to use Singapore F Lounge
Old Mar 3, 2013, 12:41 am
bsd

Programs: UA 1MM, NZ Gold Elite
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I was just in that Lounge last week. Gave the agents my UA 1k card and my GF boarding pass to SFO. No problem. Give them whatever they want to get in. The ANZ Lounge looked awful.

We should be thankful they are in the Star Alliance. Certainly one of the true "Stars" in the Alliance. And yes I hate their lack of award available for us UA members. Shame on SQ for that and UA for letting it happen.
Since three weeks ago NZ have gone down the same road. No inventory in I class trans-Tasman (i.e. between NZ and Australia). No longer possible to burn UA miles in business class on these routes - for years now and up until three weeks ago there was ample availability throughout the year. Why do SQ and NZ participate in an alliance if they are not prepared to offer rewards to partner members?

Yes, NZ have never had much availability for award seats on their flagship North America- New Zealand routes - they have no trouble selling these - but trans-Tasman is different - no point in protecting premium space on a 3 to 4 hour flight.

No point in frequent flyers earning miles if they can't spend them.