FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wyndham Rewards Changes Coming on March 14th
Old Mar 2, 2013, 6:43 pm
guffaw

Originally Posted by travelkid
Ehhh with that said your link has this text "increasing point levels or decreasing point levels". Opening that you find page up and page down with rather extreme devaluations.

Upon a cursory look I didnt see any hotels going down? How many decreased as the link text is indicating?
I pasted the list into Notetab, and the count (which is almost certainly not accurate but is a rough estimate) shows 542 USA hotels on the decrease list. I didn't try to count the rest of the world.

If I understand the new tiers correctly, if a hotel is a tier 4 today (16,000 pts under today's chart) and becomes a tier 5 under the new tiers (16,000 pts under the new chart), it's on the increase list because it has changed tiers but the points needed to redeem are the same. Same thing with moves from tier 3 to tier 4.

If a hotel keeps the same tier, the points needed to redeem may decrease. If a hotel is a tier 4 today (16,000 pts under today's chart) and remains a tier 4 under the new tiers (14,000 pts under the new chart) it would not be listed as a decrease, even though the points needed to redeem are reduced.

If I am misunderstanding anything, I apologize and I hope someone will help me out.