Old Mar 2, 13, 5:02 am
wwnz

I ended up sleeping so soundly in the comfortable seat that the flight attendants couldn’t wake me over the closed door of the suite, so my partner had to positively yell at me to get me to wake. Lunch orders were taken and our tables set up. My better half only had caviar and one main, whereas I had the works. I started with some hot canapes which were very agreeable. Next was the caviar, with which I ordered some Dom to go with. The combination was absolutely splendid and it was the first time I really enjoyed the Dom. The authentic Arabic mezze was the next dish, but it was a bit too strange for my tastes, so it ended up as one of only two dishes that I didn’t finish on the entire trip. I went with the prawn curry for my main course which was nothing to rave about. My partner did however rave about his lamb dish so I ordered one for myself to see what the fuss was about. It turned out to be the best main dish on all the flights, as the lamb was extremely tender and delicious, and the whole thing was perfectly spiced.

Could only barely see the engines from the suite

The tablecloth has a subtle Emirates logo

Canapes

Caviar

Traditional Arabic mezze, not to my taste unfortunately

Goan prawn curry

Lamb machbous, outstanding! Best dish of the entire trip on Emirates

Orange flavoured baked cheesecake

The daylight provided another opportunity to attempt a photosynth stitch:

Panorama of suite

Last edited by wwnz; Mar 23, 13 at 10:35 pm