FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official: UR hotel/airline xfer only to self/spouse/domestic partner
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:42 am
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by ycc777
This certainly blows. I didn't notice this change and had used my friend's UA mile (he's a 1k) to book an award ticket and was going to transfer miles when the trip is confirmed. Now it is confirmed but I can't pay back the miles and seats are not available under my UA status. I called Chase to see if they can make an exception providing that I can produce proof to my ticket, but no dice. I charged 100k at CSP last year and have two cards with Chase. Since this benefit is gone, I'm going to move all spending to SPG to get the 20% transfer bonus for other airlines. I really thought this was the card to keep and had got several friends signed up. Now I have to deliver the bad news too all of them. I need a good SPG signup link as a backup for my friends. I'd appreciate if anyone can share.
Im sorry that happened to your plans. I dont have any further spg links other than the common ones already known but one piece of advice I ALWAYS inform friends/recruits of is this:

Yes this game can give you many miles and points but it is a constantly moving target and noone knows where it will go next. All you can do is constantly roll with the changes. Its like surfing choppy seas or skiing in tight glades... You may not be able to predict where things take you but if you have the eye for it and the skills to continually adapt to it, you can reap that which the common population may never experience but always secretly wish they could do. There is a cost but its often worth it. If you run into too many stoppers, learn to take short breaks, adjust and come back anew!

mm