FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 1:32 pm
Mommy Points
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by jkoenig51
Is it just me or is MP's getting defensive and sarcastic? I have also noticed this on her blog in the way she reply's to her comment section when other have another opinion.
Some sarcasm in this thread for sure. Meant in good fun, but yes. Some fact correcting and/or elaboration as well. Though this will likely only fuel the fire, I will say that some of the attacks/comments do harden you a little bit over time. That isn't necessarily a good thing, but it is true.

When you wake up in the morning and have (often the same) people attacking your credibility and motives because there is something like a credit card link in a post that they don't like (even though it is to the best offer out there), it wears on you after a while. Then come the truly bizarre and offensive personal attacks that are even less on point. I generally think most people are good, but boy can folks go nuts from behind a keyboard.

This is not a tale of woe, as by and large comments, emails, reader stories, etc. are fantastic and positive, and I love writing about miles, points, and family travel, but the negativity has probably led to a bit more of a cynical view toward some things from time to time. Again, probably not a good thing, but a true statement. And, I probably over-share (like right now)....

Along those lines, I'll try to keep my mouth shut a bit more on this thread, because sarcasm can come off as mean even if it isn't intended to be.