FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive
Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:05 pm
floyd777

Programs: AA, Delta, Continental, Emirates, BA, Virgin Atlantic, US Airways
Originally Posted by PainCorp
If you want HHonors points (or DisHHonors as some have taken to calling them) I think I found an even better offer.

Amex has a 50k MR points on it's Premiere Gold card for $1k in 3 months. Those transfer 1:1 to Hawaiian which then transfers 1:2 to Hilton. Potentially getting you 100k HHonors points for $1k in spend.

I haven't done this, so I can't vouch for the two transfers working, but if it does, it beats any Hilton offer out there. Neither one is a bad deal though.

But to answer your question, I would do apply for one of them, you didn't have to reason with recon at all, so I think you should be able to squeeze in at least one more.
Thanks for the response.

I already have an active Amex PR Gold Card (I signed up about 2 years back and will be coming up on a renewal in a few months) so I don't think I am eligible for that offer.

I am tempted to apply for the Citi HHonors but looking at the link I have for the 50K, the offer is not stated on the application page. I went through 10's of pages on the HHonors thread but not sure if I am confident that I will get those 50K after the spend (not only the bonus but even the spend required is not listed)