FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Tower of London {GBR}
Old Feb 25, 2013, 3:05 am
BotB

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Originally Posted by Rebelyell
Is the Doubletree Tower of London a good choice for a family trip to London? We are going to have to get two rooms (on points), but that's true for every Hilton unless we want to stay at Gatwick!

My only concern is that it seems so far away from the other hotels. Are there plenty of restaurants and such in the neighborhood?
There are a few restaurants nearby, mostly they are other hotel restaurants though...We ate at the bar in the Novotel across the street from the DT one night and found it quite good for quality and price. There are a few others but to get more variety you need to cross the bridge and walk towards the city centre (a 5 minute walk).

The DT Tower of London is a bit further from things but no so much so that I would be bothered personally...you just need an extra 5-10 minutes compared to the other hotels (whether walking to the other side of the river to access them or using the tube to get to another location).

If I could get two rooms for the same amount of points at the Tower Bridge I would definitely go there...If you are considering the other DT's in London and not Hiltons then this is a great hotel for the price / benefits.

HTH.