FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Community Alert - "Upgrade Eligible" instead of "Upgrade Requested"
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:50 am
coolie1

Programs: delta , Priority club, Air Tran, Swiss airlines, Air Canada, Centurion; Amex Platinum,etc
"Quote"
The problem is often caused by logging in to DL.com after you have started the reservation process. The system will show that you have requested the UG, but behind the scenes, it indicates you declined the UG.

I had this happen several times, but since I started making sure I was logged in before starting a reservation, it has not happened.

If you realize you are not logged in after doing a search for flights, close your browser, open a new one, log in and start your search from scratch. The alternative is to call after you make the reservation and have the agent make the correction.

Others claim there isn't a single issue causing this, but being logged in has been a solution which works for me. [url]http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles/1383181-manually-upgrade-dl-com-when-upgrade-available.html[QUOTE]

After reading this I checked my current booking and all was correct. I am now trying to make another reservation and the system is totally screwed up. I know my account info has the upgrade request field checked.

I login using my sky miles info and book my ticket and the request upgrade field is ticked off. After booking and reviewing my booking I see that my upgrade status is changed to upgrade ineligible. " This should read upgrade requested"

So I now log out and commence to book another flight which at some stage asks me to enter my sky miles number and all my info is automatically filled in. In reviewing my purchase it now says Upgrade Eligible and not Upgrade requested. ........ Delta should fire everyone in their IT department.. and start with capable individuals who at least have some knowledge of programming.