FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Feb 22, 2013, 3:54 pm
nadaranch

Programs: AA and UA aluminium foil, Hilton gold
Hello all. I am sure somewhere in the miriade of upgrade threads the answer may exist but I have yet to run across it. So, I am hoping that you kind folks here would be able to provide an answer.

We have reservations from KOA to LAX (return leg) for May. Due to capacity controls we were not able to upgrade with miles at time of original booking which was October. They put us on an upgrade waiting list at that time.

This week I noticed a glitch in the itinerary where apparently the LAX/HNL/KOA outbound had the HA interisland flight HNL to KOA cancelled and we weren't changed to another flight. Anyway, a call to AA got it resolved eventually, but i noticed later that now the reservation shows the ticketing date as this past Wednesday when the "correction" occurred.

My question is, would the new "ticketed" date affect our place in the upgrade request list? I can hear the automated system say that we still have that request in place when I call, but was curious now about the "order". (Keeping my fingers crossed that in the slim chance that this would go thru fate would chose to shine favorably.) :-:

Thanks!