FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Merigot Santa Monica, CA (former JW) [Master Thread]
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:17 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by calitequilasippergirl
If you could be so kind as to post links to those three existing threads on this property with the info the OP was seeking, that would be great. I DID search and IMHO, the other very general threads (not specific to the hotel) did not answer the OP.

In response to the OP, this is one of my favorite hotels in the area. While the building does have some design flaws, there are a NUMBER of rooms that have a good view of the ocean. As stated, unfortunately the Sea Castle obstructs any unobstructed views, but there are several rooms with good views. Some have balconies, some do not. In my experience, this hotel treats Platinums and PP's very well. I have received numerous upgrades. The staff is always very eager to please and will switch you around if you want. As always, honey attracts more bee's than vinegar. I know that one of the front desk managers was very appreciative of my 'whatever you can do for us works, no pressure' rather than the DYKWIA attitude he states he gets from alot of people Also the customer service in my opinion excels at this hotel. Some other options to look at are Hotel Casa Del Mar, Malibu Inn (Carbon Beach), Loews (in massive refrub right now though)
Thanks for the detailed info. Much more helpful than the do a search response that seems to be cropping up in many threads, with no other details provided other than the comment.

Cheers.