FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you still drop by here for a little nostalgia?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 3:19 am
Jetstreamer

Programs: BA Silver
Wooow, a new thread in the BD board, how exciting

I stop by here only when see an interesting thread in the forum list (like this one!) Other than that it is sad to read about people having troubles with their remaining BD redemptions so tend to stay away from all the unhappiness (there are other places I can go for that!)

I don’t post much anymore and am on flyertalk much less, but I keep a semi-regular eye on the BA forum and am becoming slightly obsessed with the Tesco thread but haven’t yet resorted to buying and selling ink cartridges! I definitely miss the BD vibe but am not interested enough to hang out on the A3 board as I have no interest in flying them or, until 2015, holding onto their status

I must admit BAEC is growing on me and the Avios are pretty easy to come by. I did get a sense of nostalgia the other day though when looking for a flight to LAS. It seems strange to be ignoring the likes of UA, US and AC (especially when they are cheaper) which I bent over backwards to fly not long ago in favour of BA and AA. I’ve pretty much turned my back on *A now. As long as I cling on to BAEC Gold/Silver and get 100% mileage bonus I’ll try to fly BA/AA as much as possible.

Never thought I’d say that