FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed
Old Feb 19, 2013, 1:48 pm
OB one
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Pdf of new categories here http://hhonors3.hilton.com/resources...egoryChart.pdf

I just looked at some of my upcoming reward stays for Hilton Prague, Hilton Prague Old Town, Hilton Dresden, Conrad Dublin, and DT Morrison Dublin and do not see major devaluation. Some points may have gone up but it is not a deal breaker so far for me.

And reservations made before March 28 will be honored at the old rate. Only if you make changes after March 28 will you be charged the new rate.

Originally Posted by HHonors
When do the new changes become effective? What happens if I want to book a reward stay before they are effective? Can I make modifications to existing reservations after they become effective?

The new changes will become effective as of 12:01AM CST on Mar 28, 2013. Until this time, you can redeem Points for rewards stays at the current prices. You can book online, call +1-800-HHONORS (+1-800-446-6677, toll-free in the United States) or contact your local Hilton Reservations and Customer Care center. After this date, you can continue to make modifications; however, all standard room redemptions will follow the new standard room chart. Therefore, if the number of points changes from what was originally booked, up or down, the new point values will apply.
I have seen this before when ALON/TEEN/GLON awards went from 1000,000 to 150,000 or 175,000. It is a devaluation no doubt especially if you want to go to Bora Bora or the Maldives. Make plans now and you can mitigate some of the damages. Or bail.