FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/AA merger- MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD/incl 'when will US leave STAR'
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:44 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A number of changes coming to AAdvantage and USDM members, no doubt. Some will find them useful, others will find them anathema to their flying and will switch to an airline alliance better serving their needs. A serious inconvenience, to be sure, but it's not such a surprise, IMO, given the HP-US, DL-NW, CO-UA, etc. consolidation we've been seeing - the writing has been on the wall,

We're all FlyerTalkers, so we'll either bail and go somewhere we feel will better meet our needs or learn the new system (probably emerging over a year or two) and try to make it work for us as best we can. (I'm saying this as one who has flown AA since the mid-1940s, went through the AA-TW takeover as an Aviator, and has flown many airlines no longer with us, such as EA, PA, WA, PS and many others.)

One thing about us cockroaches, we endure!

Originally Posted by tt120
Quote from Dougie on leaving Star:

"We’re very fond of the Star Alliance, think it’s a great alliance, but so is oneworld. I don’t think we lose or gain anything by being in one versus the other. The American team thinks we gain a lot by being in oneworld. We’ll find out, but we think they’re both great alliances. And moving from one to the other is not going to have a material impact on either our revenues or our customers, because there are so many airlines in both programs that serve the entire world."

No material impact on our customers...really?

I understand that to the average customer (sans FT's) alliance means nothing but I would defiantly think it impacts revenues....after all those help feed into your network....

Can't believe the CEO of this new mega airline said that....If you have time the whole discussion is an interesting read ..it was just between US Airways management