FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Be Serving In F On Your Flight? DISCUSSION (2012-13 archive)
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:40 am
AKCuisine

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Alaska Geo
AS 125 1/2/13 11 pm SEA-FAI 4hrs!

This is only thing we were offered; One sticky roll. Nothing else! For a 4 hour flight. Having flown 500,000 miles with AS, I have never seen anything as sparse as this in F. I cut away a slice to see if there was some fruit or filling, but it is mostly just a big pile of carbohydrates and fat. What if you are a diabetic? I Twittered and emailed AS on this and a month later I never received a reply. Anyone know if this is standard fare for long late night flights?
Sorry, but even back in the golden age of AS flights in the early 1990s I don't recall the redeye night flights including a full meal service. Flying at night is BYOF (bring your own food).

Wouldn't it be nice to roll back the calendar and have the old-style service on domestic carriers like AS? F class daytime flights were quite different back then. Cocktails were served before take-off, hot towels offered to freshen up before the meal, 3 courses served one-by-one with your choice of entrees - after a white table cloth was placed on the tray table - and more. On domestic flights. ((**sigh**))

Originally Posted by Alaska Geo
AS 125 1/2/13 11 pm SEA-FAI 4hrs!

I Twittered and emailed AS on this and a month later I never received a reply.

I'm very surprised that you didn't get a response on Twitter. In my experience, they monitor for @mentions and usually are quite quick to reply or comment back to followers. Did you use the correct account, @AlaskaAir ?

Last edited by AKCuisine; Feb 19, 2013 at 10:45 am Reason: Addendum to comment about Twitter