FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HELP!--DXB Transit Concerns for Canuck, eh!
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:51 am
browneyedgirl

HELP!--DXB Transit Concerns for Canuck, eh!

I wished I read this forum before booking my international flights. Oh well, here goes.

My return trip from the Maldives looks like this:

MLE-DXB-FRA-YYZ
MLE-DXB on Emirates; DXB-FRA on Lufthansa, FRA-YYZ on Lufthansa

The above represents the return portion of one booking, coded/controlled by Sri Lankan Airlines according to the ticket # (603........)

The layover in DXB is 12.5 hours, arriving 1:00 p.m. on April 28, departing 1:30 a.m. on April 29.

Emirates Airlines can't do anything for me in terms of lounge access because the ticket is coded Sri Lankan Airlines. I just phoned the tel. # for Sri Lankan Airlines in Toronto and all I get is music (maybe they're out of the office for lunch).

I doubt that I will be purchasing a short-term visa as it sounds expensive and complicated.

A couple of questions:

1. Am I correct in assuming that I will pick up all 3 boarding passes in Male and that my luggage will be checked through from Male to Toronto? The rep at flighthub.com stated this would be the case but I'm wondering if others on this board have had that experience.

2. If the above is not the case, what kind of hassles/rigamarole will I face in DXB and does anyone know of shortcuts to circumvent problems.

3. Is there a comfortable (and inexpensive) way to pass 12+ hours at the airport? I'm thinking of a lounge with comfortable seating. I'm wondering if they are available at all terminals or just specific terminals. Will I be able to travel from 1 terminal to another? I'm not clear on the logistics.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by browneyedgirl; Feb 15, 2013 at 3:05 pm