FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/AA merger- MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD/incl 'when will US leave STAR'
Old Feb 14, 2013, 3:23 pm
fishferbrains

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe
Originally Posted by flight62
Hey guys,

I have a feeling a lot of the comments on the American site is complete US bashing filled with emotion.

DP is in the big leagues now. All I have heard is how they want to make the new American the best airline. Well, let's all hold him to it. The excuse for less than services in the past was because we were such a smaller player. Well, we aren't now, so somebody better pony up.

Thank you for all you have done. I am trying to be optimistic...cautiously...but optimistic.
Hi all...Hopping over from the AA board here..

Yes there's emotion. For many AA flyers US wasn't a premium airline to fly both on product and service. AA wasn't that either in many cases; but the BK put a lot of hope that a revitalized fleet with new FAs could improve the customer experience to attract more fliers. For those of us who suffered the APA union delays in Q3/Q4; more integration throes are very concerning.

There's not a lot to look at from the US portfolio to make AA flyers say "I really want/look-forward to that"; and therein lies my concern: pain for little gain.

I'm willing to eat crow if DP can make this merger work to be the PREMIERE North American carrier - not simply the largest.
Nevertheless we will suffer this together - and hopefully not as badly as CO/UA.