FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/AA merger- MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD/incl 'when will US leave STAR'
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:36 am
WiscAZ

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by Superguy
The tickets will be valid for travel. You paid for them and they won't be taken back.

The million dollar question is, if they're not award tickets, is will US still be in *A at the time you fly so you can get PQMs for them? Can't really answer that at this moment.
It's funny because I posted about this a few months back regarding a trip in June that I have on SAA. I was concerned that I would book and the merger would go through or US would leave *A and I wouldn't be able to credit the miles to US. It seems like we are just going to make that cut off (return in 7/1). However, I am a little concerned knowing that SAA isn't the easiest to get miles from.

I'm also concerned with US Customer Service during this time. I remember UA/CO was all over the place and the response time took forever for a few months.

Now I find myself in the same situation as before... whether to book on *A or not?

I'm probably not looking to book for a couple more months so I suppose I can wait and see. I'm still not convinced that we will know anything that soon.