FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:54 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by reggie108
When i requested to cancel, the agent asked me if i used the companion cert yet, i replied no. He placed me on hold for about 2 mins to complete the cancellation.

I logged into my mileage plan account and as of right now the cert is still there, along with the 2 entries (feb 1)for the bonus points of 10k and 15k. I would assume that the agent is aware of these and will claw them back. He might have already clawed them back, but the system is slow to catch up. He was certainly aware of them.

It was a slow day for me, i wrote them a letter, attached the print out of the "no annual fee" application, and also included the cancelled (cut up) card that came today.
I will update you if I get any joy from the manager tomorrow after they have seen my fax. Maybe I should be booking a flight tonight?
I would be satisfied if they honored the $0 for even the first year. If they do, feel free to PM me for my details if you want to take it further but it sounds as if you have already cancelled and can't go back now.