FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 4:26 pm
Tiki

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I personally do not see any cooking utensils...

...but the difference is that FlyerTalk is an Internet community bulletin board where members share their thoughts; whereas a weblog is usually written by one or more authors who post information — including but not limited to news and opinions — on topics which readers may comment.

Content is usually censored when a FlyerTalk member alerts the appropriate moderators of content not conforming to the Guidelines & Rules of FlyerTalk.

I do not believe that FlyerTalk is “completely censored top to bottom” — but what do I know? However, if you do have an issue with censorship on FlyerTalk, you are more than welcome to address your issue via private message to either a moderator or SanDiego1K, who is the community director of FlyerTalk.
I have no issues with censoring profanity as long as the rest of the post is kept intact and maybe just replace the word with $%#& so people knew what the person was originally saying-if that makes sense.

The one thing that really annoys me on FT generically is when threads get closed. Some mods forget that there are people in all time zones here and if a thread is going in a way they don't like in the US time zones, they lock it so when Aussies and Asians wake up, there could have been an interesting discussion that we can't participate in.