FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have you changed your hotel stay pattern due to PC devaluations?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:12 am
Points Surfer

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Yes, PCR is not on the radar anymore. Only points stays ytd.

As I've mentioned elsewhere....issues with getting true value/quality stays on points in recent years (Strangely enough PB stays were the best quality not the 25K stays but rarely locations I really wanted) and ultimately the 2013 qualifying changes finally convinced me to move on after being an IHG supporter since the 90's. Leaked offers to FT cranked up points earnings for sure but PCR misjudged some of their customer base over time. Had not PCR demanded more stays for Plat requalification I'd have probably kept my same patterns just for the points. I can only speculate that after PCR's use of easy crack-points to build up membership totals served the day and now that they have peaked a large portion are expendable under the latest musings of the Marketing guru's to stay more or pay higher rates to earn Plat. Its likely an upside for 2014 Plats but will cost PCR $$ as members drift away...loyalty is only as good as the program.

Myself and Mrs.Surfer are burning up points this year while still PCR Plat but my HI/HIX paid stays have gone to Hilton with a Gold Challenge that just got bumped to Diamond. SPG/Delta stays remain the same but IHG and other stays moving to Hilton as vendor #3. I will keep IC Amb though as I like the IC locations for personal stays mostly and mostly buy the room I want so status is irrelevant. So far I've had excellent stays with the Hilton Brand and have 120K in aged pts banked prior as a Blue so I will build on that for 2014 spending and bumped up HH status will help.