FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Japan Airlines/JAL Mileage Bank FAQ
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:17 am
JALPak
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
• Which lounge will I have access base on my class of travel if I am connecting between flights which I travel on different classes?

oneworld has update its lounge access policy based on class of travel to clearly state the criteria used to determine your lounge access

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul* and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa). (* a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours)
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
  • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.
In other words, if you are making a same day connection or your next connection is before 6am of the next day, and you are connecting between a short/domestic and international long-haul flights operated and marketed by oneworld, your lounge access at your origin and connection point will be based on the class of travel of your long-haul flight.

But the policy does not seem to cover the case when your connecting between long-haul flights, e.g. SYD-NRT-LAX.

Note that as usual there are other exceptions such and you can refer to the linked page for further details.

Last edited by JALPak; Apr 22, 2014 at 5:16 am