FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FJ / Fiji Airways (ex-Air Pacific) and AA, miles, awards, etc. (consolidated)
Old Feb 8, 13, 4:50 pm
rowingman

Programs: AA CK 7mm, Marriott/SPG/Ritz confussion reigns, VS, former UA, UA no longer, never, ever, QF
Originally Posted by ThanxsisC View Post
Hi, I was wondering if anybody ever had any success in booking Business (aka Tabua) Class on Air Pacific using AA Miles? I was able to book an Economy Award from NAN to LAX and was told that I should just keep on calling American Airlines Reservation to see if a Business Class Award seat opened up (as the miles requirement is no different) because Air Pacific awards are not available online. Before I put myself through the pain of calling AA Rez every couple of days to check, wanted to see if it was even worth the effort. Would appreciate your thoughts! Thanks!
I have had luck booking LAX - NAN - AKL (two seats in Tabua) and LAX - NAN not once, but twice. Call me lucky. Enjoyed Tabua class, the food, a chance to hang out in the NAN airport on the way to New Zealand (nice little club in the LL of the airport). Good luck!