FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Los cabos Or Hilton Marco island?
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:36 pm
aspenedelen

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
I really like the Hilton Clearwater but only if you get a suite. Last year I took my 1 yr old at the time to the HC and had the Shebal Suite which was on the top floor overlooking the bay and the ocean. This year I booked a normal "Clearwater room" and was upgraded thru being a Diamond to a large one room 600 sq foot oceanfront suite (#602 if I am correct) and I can't imagine with kids ever going back. I am coming back to Clearwater for a business conference in mid April and I have reserved the top Presidental Suite called the Royal Palm Suite which is a true very 1k sq foot one bedroom with two bathroom, two balcony suite. The HC just went thru a x million dollar outside reno of their Tiki hut, treed areas, play areas and has made it a much nicer area all around for kids and adults. They have two pools which is nice, one for adults and one for kids. There is a volleyball court and free use of all non motorized equipment.

We also stayed at the Hyatt down the street for two nights and three days I have to say it blows the socks off the Hilton room wise. The Hyatt was built three years ago as it is not not beachfront (across the street from the beach) like the Hilton is directly on the beach. The Hyatt does have a larger pool with cabanas, a nicer workout room and they have a pretty good spa too which the Hilton does not. Premium amenity wise the beachfront Hilton has the Hyatt beat but if you looking for more luxurious resort and williling to pay for it the Hyatt may be right for you.

The one bedroom I booked at the Hyatt had two bathrooms (one with a walk in tile shower and one with a tub), at toilet in each bathroom, partial kitchen, a dining room table with four chairs, pull out couch, and separate bedroom with balcony over looking the pool. As of this past weekend the Premium 1 bdrm suite we booked was going for $450 per night but I ony paid $139 per night on Jetsetter. They have gulf front two bedroom suites they tried to upgrade me to for a additional $100 per night (I didn't bite) but those suites are normally priced at $750 and the Premium 2 bdrm was $1000 per night.

The only problem I have with Mexico now is the violence that is grappling the country. I just read in the Latimes tonight that six women were raped in Alcapulco at their rented beach house. I am sure Los Cabos is fine but my wife and I have stopped travelling to Cancun and Playa Del Carmen due to the violence. There are so many more beach resorts in Florida and and the Caribbean that are closer plus you don't have to worry about drug violence.